- 1 Cup margarine or butter
- 2 Cups sifted powered sugar
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Pecan Halves (optional)
Preheat oven 375
1. In a large mixing bowl beat margarine or butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or until softened.
2. Add powdered sugar, about half of the flour, half of the milk, and the vanilla to the margarine. Beat until thoroughly combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat or stir in the remaining flour and milk. Stir in chopped pecans.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto a ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar. If desired, lightly press a pecan half onto the top of each cookie.
4. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden. Remove cookies and cool on a wire rack.
Makes 48 cookies.