- 1 head of cauliflower cut into oversize florets
- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- 2 Cups of hot milk
- 3 Cups of very sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup of grated Parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons of flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blanch the cauliflower in salted, boiling water for 4 minutes, drain and place into an ice bath to keep it from continuing to cook. Let the cauliflower drain in a colander while making the sauce.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large saucepan, add the flour and stir for one minute. Add the hot milk and stir with a whisk to break up any lumps. Add the cheddar while constantly stirring the sauce until all of the cheese is incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Sauté the bacon in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir constantly until it becomes crispy.
- Add the bacon to the cheese sauce and pour over the cauliflower in an ovenproof dish.
- Cover the cheese sauce with the grated Parmesan, and bake covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for another 20 minutes.