- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound of thinly sliced roast beef
- 1-2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish sauce
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- freshly cracked pepper and salt, to taste
- 8 large flour tortillas
1. Heat the oil in a heavy sauté pan over medium heat. Stir in the onions and garlic to coat with oil and stir frequently until onions are lightly brown.
2. Reduce heat to medium low and continue stirring until the onions are a medium brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. In a bowl, blend together horseradish sauce, cream cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Lay a tortilla flat on a working surface and very lightly cover 2/3 of the surface with a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture. Layer a piece of roast beef and a sprinkling of the caramelized onions on top.
5. Roll tortilla up to form a log. Wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours (or longer).
6. Remove plastic wrap from your pinwheel appetizers and slice into bite sized pieces. Serve flat so that the swirl design is visible
Serves about 12