- 3 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch half moons
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Cup fresh breadcrumbs (made in blender or food processor)
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish.
2. Bring the squash, onion, garlic, and broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broth evaporates and the squash is tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and cool slightly. Stir in the sour cream and oregano and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread in the baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and drizzle with the olive oil.
3. Bake until the juices are simmering and the top is crusty, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then serve hot.
Makes 4-6 servings