- 2 Cups crushed pretzels
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 Cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
1. For the crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13 X 9-inch baking dish and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the pretzels, butter, and sugar.
3. Pat the pretzel mixture into the bottom of the prepared dish.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack and set aside.
5. For the filling and topping, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
6. Fold in the whipped topping and spread over the cooled crust. Set aside.
7. In another bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the bowling water. Add the strawberries.
8. Place the bowl over a large bowl of ice water and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until the mixture starts to thicken slightly.
9. Spoon the strawberry mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
10. Cover and refrigeraee for 4 hours. Cut into 16 squares and serve cold.