This makes a spectacular presentation for Christmas with the rosemary.
Gratinata Sauce use 4 1/2 cups
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 Cup Marsala Wine
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 8 cups heavy cream
- 1 ounce bacon
- 18 ea. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces grilled chicken breasts sliced
- 16-24 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 3 teaspoons pimento chopped
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoons shallots, chopped
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary
2. Add Marsala wine and reduce by 1/3.
3. Add remaining ingredients, reduce by 1/2 of the original volume.
4. Set aside.
5. For the Penne Rustica: Saute' pancetta until it begins to brown.
6. Add butter, shallots and shrimp.
7. Cook until the shrimp are evenly pink but still translucent.
8. Add chicken, salt, pepper and mix thoroughly.
9. Add Granita sauce and 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese.
10. Simmer until sauce thickens.
11. In a large bowl, combine shrimp & chicken mixture with cooked pasta.
12. Pour into a large casserole dish or roaster. (I made two casseroles.)
13. Top with remaining cheese, pimientos and sprinkle with paprika.
14. Bake at 475 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
15. Remove and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.
Makes 14 Servings