If you love to cook and love eating good food, then you will love my pages. I was born and raised in the deep South. That is where we love drinking sweet tea and eating fresh green beans cooked with bacon. The recipes are not all "mine" but are recipes that I seem to want to cook repeatedly. I hope you enjoy and are inspired to try them yourself.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Ingredients (This is for 1 head but can easily be doubled or tripled.)
1 head garlic
2 or more Tablespoons Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350. Peel off excess papery skin from garlic head, leaving enough behind to cover the cloves and hold the head together.
2. Slice off the very top of the garlic head. Place in a piece of foil and drizzle olive oil inside the head of garlic until it is completely filled and just starting to run down the side
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Wrap tightly with foil and place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake garlic until very tender and evenly browned, about 30-35 minutes.
6. To serve hot, sqeeze each clove out. Serve warm, or at room temperature. It is great spread on bread.