- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes. This recipe has been cut in half.
We no longer buy barbecue sauce since making it the very first time. It is easy and so good.
Makes 1 3/4 cups.