- 1 tube Pillsbury refrigerated french bread dough
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted butter
1. Heat oven to 375.
2. Open dough, and cut into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rope about 6 inches long, and tie in a simple knot.
3. Place on a baking sheet while the oven preheats.
4. Peel and chop the garlic clove. Using a mortar and pestle, or the flat side of a chef's knife, mash the garlic and salt together until it forms a paste.
5. Stir it into the olive oil or melted butter. Using a pastry brush, liberally brush the garlic mixture onto the knots.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, then remove from oven and baste again with garlic mixture. Return to oven for a few more minutes, until golden brown.
If desired, serve with remaining garlic sauce for dipping.