- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 Cup onion, minced
- 8-12 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash and cut the broccoli. Cut into bite sized pieces. I also peel the stalks and chop them as well. Place into a seal-able bowl. Add the onions and raisins.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayo, sugar and vinegar. Taste and add more sugar if you like it sweeter. Once whisked and combined, pour over the veggie mixture.
3. Combine well, and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
4. Cook bacon until crispy; drain on paper towels. Set aside. Do not add to the salad until ready to serve to prevent the bacon from becoming limp.