- 1/4 Cup Soyu
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Five Spice
- 3 quarter size slices Ginger
- 3 Pound Boneless Pork butt, very lean
1. To prepare marinade. In a small pan, combine soyu, honey, sugar, sherry, salt, garlic, five spice and ginger. Heat over very low heat until sugar is dissolved, let cool completely. Reserve a little for basting.
2. Cut pork into 1" slices and place in plastic bag. Pour cooled marinade over pork and seal bag. Place closed bag in a shallow dish and refrigerate overnight. Turn bag every hour or so to cover pork completely.
3. Preheat oven to 350. Line shallow baking pan with foil.
Remove pork from marinade. Place pork on foil lined pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Brush with reserved marinade while baking. Serve with white rice.