- 1 Corned Beef Brisket 4-5 pounds
- 8 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/3 Cup Sherry Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1. Place brisket in a large pot. Add water to cover. Cover pot and refrigerate brisket at least 6 hours or overnight.
2. Drain brisket. Add water to cover, peppercorns, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, approximately 3 1/2 hours. Drain brisket. Cool, cover and chill overnight.
3. Transfer brisket to a heavy shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Bring brisket to room temperature.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk mustard's in a small, heavy saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Spread glaze evenly over top of brisket. Bake until heated through, about 45 minutes, covering with additional glaze every 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes.
6. Cut across the grain into thin slices.