- 1 1/2 Cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup whole milk
- 1 Cup cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/3 Cup bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake trays with 24 baking cups.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large bowl.
- In another large mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, butter and eggs until fluffy.
- Add sweet potatoes and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add 1/3 of flour mixture to sugar mixture until combined. Add bourbon. Add second 1/3 of flour mixture. Add milk. Add final 1/3 flour mixture.
- Mix well with each addition.
- Fill baking cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done.
- Cool the cupcakes on racks completely.
- 1/2 Cup pecans, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
Candied Pecan Preparation
- Two (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. In a stand mixer beat all the ingredients on medium until fluffy, making sure to scrape down the side of the mixing bowl.
2. Scoop frosting into a piping bag and swirl frosting decoratively in a clockwise pattern onto cupcakes. Sprinkle with Candied Pecans.
Makes 24 Cupcakes