- 4 pounds beef rump roast
- 2 envelopes dried onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (10 1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark beer
- Crusty French rolls, cut in half
1. Trim excess fat form beef and discard. Place beef in crock-pot.
2. Combine soup mix, sugar, oregano, garlic, broth and beer in large mixing bowl. Pour mixture over beef. Cover; cook on HIGH 6-8 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
3. Remove beef from Crock-Pot. Shred beef with 2 forks. Return beef to cooking liquid; mix well. serve on crusty rolls with extra cooking liquid (jus) on side for dipping.
Makes 8-10 servings