- 1 Cup canned chicken broth
- 1 Cup water
- 2 smoked turkey wings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 pounds collard greens, well rinsed
- Salt to taste
1. Trim the thick stems off washed collard greens and discard. Cut collard greens crosswise into 1/2-inch thick strips.
2. In a large pot, combine the broth, water, turkey, garlic, vinegar, sugar and red pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the collard greens in batches, covering the pan and waiting for each batch to wilt before adding the next batch. Transfer to crock pot.
3. Cover and cook until the greens are tender, 4 to 5 hours on LOW. Remove the turkey from the greens. Remove and discard the skin. Remove the meat from the bones, coarsely chop the meat, and return to the slow cooker. Season the greens with salt to taste.