- 6 potatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup whole green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups potato salad
- 2 ripe tomatoes cut into 6 wedges each
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut lengthwise into 8 spears
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut in wedges
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- crumbled feta cheese
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 8 rings each
- 4 canned beet slices
- 4 large shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 4 anchovy filets
- 12 Greek olives
- 12 Greek peppers (from a jar)
- 4 to 8 radishes, cut into flowers
- 4 to 8 whole green onions
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
1. Line large platter with outside lettuce leaves; mound potato salad in center.
2. Shred remaining lettuce; place on top of potato salad.
3. Place tomatoes around the outer edge, with a few on top.
4. Place cucumber wedges between tomatoes.
5. Sprinkle lemon juice on avocado to prevent browning. Add avocado.
6. Arrange feta on top of salad; place green pepper rings, beets, shrimp and anchovies on top of feta.
7. Place olives, Greek peppers, radishes and green onions around the edge.
8. Sprinkle with vinegar, then oil. Sprinkle oregano on top.
Makes 4 salads