- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, cut across into thirds
- 1 Cup long-grain white rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ Cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Fresh lime wedges
1. In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker, combine the tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir; add flank steak. Cook covered until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily, on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
2. Cook rice just before serving, according to package directions.
Using two fork, shred the beef and mix it into the cooking liquid. Serve with the rice and top with the sliced avocado, cilantro, and lime wedge.
* If you want some heat, add a teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the tomato mixture.