- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (26-ounce) jar tomato-and-basil spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 Cup water
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 Cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook beef, sausage, and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until the meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
2. Stir together ricotta and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine pasta sauce and water.
3. Arrange 4 uncooked noodles in a lightly greased 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, breaking noodles as necessary to fit in slow cooker. Spoon half the meat mixture over noodles; top with half the sauce mixture and half the mushrooms. Spread ricotta mixture over mushrooms, and sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Layer remaining noodles, beef mixture, sauce, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese.
4. Cover and cook on LOW setting 4 hours or until noodles are done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
**Most slow cooker recipes are very forgiving if allowed to cook beyond the time specified in the recipe. However, a lasagna recipe is an exception. Do not let this dish cook longer than 4 hours or the noodles and cheese may begin to scorch.