- 4 strips bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, bottoms trimmed, cut in half
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
1. Heat a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
2. Add the bacon and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels.
3. Discard all but 1 Tablespoon of the rendered bacon fat.
4. Add the garlic, pepper flakes, Brussels sprouts, and a pinch of salt to the skillet.
5. Saute until the sprouts are lightly browned on the outside and tender—but still firm—throughout, 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Add the almonds and saute for another minute or two.
7. Season with salt and pepper.