- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 4 6-7 oz center-cut pork chops
- All purpose flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh basil
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Porkchops with Mushroom Bourbon Cream Sauce
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 pound sliced button or cremini mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup bourbon
Salt and pepper
1. Sauté onions, garlic, and mushrooms in 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat until the mushrooms are browned - about 10-15 minutes. Add the wine, increase the heat to high, and boil down until the liquid is reduced to almost a glaze, about 4 minutes. Add the chicken stock and bourbon, boil until reduced by two thirds. Add the cream and simmer several minutes until the sauce thickens.
2. Whisk an egg and 2 Tbsp of water in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Dip chops into the flour, then egg mixture, then breadcrumbs, coating completely. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Turn the chops one more time, lower the heat to low, cover, and cook an additional 5 minutes. Alternatively you can put the chops in a pre -heated oven at 400°F for 5-8 more minutes.
3. When about to serve the pork, bring the sauce to a simmer and add the chopped basil to it. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.