- 4 skinless, boneless Chicken Breast halves
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups sliced Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 12 slices Bacon, fully cooked
- 2 cup shredded Cheddar or Mexican Blend Cheese
1. Make a batch or two of Honey Mustard. See Recipe under sauces.
2. Pour about ½ of a single batch or ¼ of a double batch of the honey mustard in a bowl and add the chicken. Set in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours or, better yet, overnight. Save remaining honey mustard in a sealed container in 'fridge to use as a dipping sauce later.
3. Preheat oven to 375 F
4. Heat up the oil in a frying pan on the stove and sear each chicken breast 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
5. Transfer chicken to oven safe pan and brush with honey mustard.
6. Salt and pepper breasts.
7. Add butter to frying pan and saute mushrooms.
8. Stack bacon across each breast, spoon mushrooms on each breast and then approx ½ cup of cheese on each.
9. Cover pan with foil or lid and bake 7-10 minutes to melt cheese. Dust with paprika and serve with honey mustard.