- 1 16 oz. jar Whole Sweet Cherry Peppers
- 1 package sliced smoked Provolone cheese
- 4 – 6 thinly sliced Prosciutto
- Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1. Rinse the cherry peppers under running water. With a paring knife, remove the stems. Using a melon-baller, or grapefruit knife, remove the seeds and ribs.
2. Cut the provolone into strips small enough to fit into the cherry peppers. Wrap each piece of cheese with a thin ribbon of prosciutto. Stuff one into each pepper.
3. Place the peppers in a clean glass jar, distributing the garlic as you go. Fill the jar with enough olive oil to cover the peppers.I reused the jar the peppers came in. Let sit, refrigerated, overnight before serving
4. Use the shooters within one week. The remaining oil will be a delicious addition to any salad.
Serve shooters at room temperature with lemon wedges.