coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Spray a rectangular pan with cooking spray. Put ribs in pan and season heavily with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Cook in 250 degree oven for 2-3 hours or until temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Ingredients for Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves (8 ounces)
- 1/8-1/4 cup minced and seeded chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the onion and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring until bubbling, about 5 more minutes.
- Using an immersion blender; blend until smooth . When the meat is done; brush ribs all over with sauce and return to oven or broiler until crispy. on all sides. Any leftover sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks if it does not touch the meat.
- Most of the fat will have melted into the bottom of the pan. The meat will be so tender and juicy that you won't be able to lift it with a fork. This is so delicious!