Thursday, May 3, 2012
Smoky Bacon Pork Chops
3 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
3 green onions, finely chopped
1/4 Cup cooked bacon pieces
1/4 Cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chipotle pepper sauce
2 teaspoons mesquite seasoning
4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops (about 1 1/2 lb)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil.
2. Shred cheese (3/4 cup). Chop onions.
3. Season pork chops with mesquite seasoning; place on baking sheet. Combine cheese, onions, bacon, mayonnaise, and pepper sauce. Spread cheese mixture evenly over pork chops.
4. Place on middle rack of oven; bake 8–9 minutes.
5. Increase oven heat to broil; broil 2–3 more minutes or until pork is browned and 145°F.
This was served with Rainbow Slaw.