- 1 lb Shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1 jicama root, peeled and diced
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Cup red onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped coarsely
- 6 large Boston lettuce leaves
1. In a skillet, on medium heat, toast the whole cloves of garlic and whole jalapeno peppers. As each side begins to brown, turn them. Do not let them over cook. This is just to toast them. Remove from heat. Set aside and allow to cool.
2. Add the shrimp to the skillet with the remaining olive oil. Toss in the spices and cook each side of the shrimp until they are pink and cooked through. When they are close to being thoroughly cooked; toss them to coat them with the oil and Spices. Remove and set to the side to cool.
3. When the garlic and peppers are cool to touch, mince them (de-seed the pepper if you want to lower the heat). Set aside.
4. When the shrimp are cool to touch, chop them into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, and toss well. Taste for seasoning. If more heat is desired ; add more cayenne pepper.
6. Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of 6 plates. Spoon salad over lettuce, dividing equally.
Makes 6 servings