Wednesday, November 9, 2011
White Chocolate, Cranberry, and Pistachio Bark
11 ounces white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon canola oil
1/2 cup shelled unsalted pistachio nuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 Tablespoons finely minced crystalized ginger (optional)
1. Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper, and set aside.
2. Place the white chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl, or in the top of a double boiler, set over a pan of barely simmering water. The water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir the chocolate until it has melted. The add the canola oil and stir until the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the pistachios and cranberries to the chocolate mixture, and stir to combine. Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading it out with an offset spatula. Spinkle the bark with the crystallized ginger if using.
4. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and chill until the chocolate is firm, at least 30 minutes.
5. When the chocolate has hardened, peel off the parchment and break or cut the bark into pieces. Transfer the pieces into an airtight container and refrigerate, covered, until serving time. (It will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.)
*Applying a little pressure on the back side of the knife makes for a clean cut through the bark.