Ingredients for Cakes
- 1 small pkg 9 oz devil's food cake mix
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/3 Cup coffee liqueur *see note
- 1 1/2 Cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 8 oz mascarpone or cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°Fdegrees. Spray cups of Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray. For cakes, combine cake mix, sour cream, egg, coffee granules and water in bowl. Divide batter evenly among cups of pan. Bake 8–10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
2. Meanwhile, place whipped topping into large resealable plastic bag; secure and set aside. For filling, combine cheese, sugar and vanilla in clean batter bowl; mix until smooth using clean scraper. Place filling into an additional resealable plastic bag; secure and set aside.
3. Press down lightly on the tops of cakes to make slight indentations; cool 2 minutes. Remove cakes from pan to cooling rack. Brush tops with coffee liqueur using basting brush; cool completely.
4. Trim corners of both bags. Pipe filling over cakes. Pipe whipped topping over filling. Sprinkle with cocoa powder. And if desired gold sprinkles.
*To substitute coffee liqueur, combine 1/4 cupwater, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 Tablebspoon instant coffee granules and 1 teaspoon rum extract into microwave proof bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1–2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved; cool.