- 1 Cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup raspberry preserves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray either a 8 X 2 or an 9 X 2 inch square pan with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
3. In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chopped chocolate. After the chocolate has melted, stir in the sugar, cinnamon, chipotle powder and preserves. Add the eggs and both extracts. Mix well.
4. Add the flour mixture. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean.
Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.