- 32 3/4-inch-thick slices rustic baguette-style sourdough bread (16 oz.)
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 Cup Pimiento-Stuffed Spanish Manzanilla Olives, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Greek Kalamata Pitted Olives, chopped
- 1/2 Cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup bottled whole hot cherry peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 large shallot, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 2 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 32 pieces
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place baguette slices on a very large baking sheet. Brush slices with 4 tablespoons of the oil, then season lightly with salt and black pepper. Toast bread on middle rack of oven about 5 minutes, until crisp and light brown, turning once. Remove from oven; set aside.
2. For olive-cherry tapenade, in a medium bowl stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, olives, cherries, peppers, shallot, basil, lime peel, and lime juice.
3. Place cheese on toast slices. Top with prosciutto and olive-cherry tapenade; sprinkle with snipped chives.