- 6 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 10 minutes, or until softened when pierced with the tip of a knife. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a small bowl.
- Add the beans to the water. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the beans are crisp-tender. Drain and return the beans to the pot.
- Mash the garlic with a fork. Stir in the lemon juice, oil, and pepper. Pour over the beans and toss to coat.