- 3 Cups peeled, diced, ripe pears
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup oil
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ Cups chopped toasted pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- ½ Cup butter
- ¼ Cup evaporated milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 10 cup Bundt pan.
1. Toss pears with 1 Tablespoon sugar and let stand.
2. Beat eggs, 2 Cups sugar, and oil at medium speed in an electric mixer until blended.
3. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add to egg mixture a cup at a time on low speed until blended.
4. Fold in pears, pecans and vanilla extract. Pour into the prepared pan.
5. Bake about 1 hour, until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn onto serving plate.
6. Prepare Caramel Glaze: Stir together the brown sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly and bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool slightly to thicken.
Spoon glaze over cake. Serve extra sauce immediately with warm cake.