- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and halved
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 dashes soy sauce, DO NOT OVER-DO
- 2 Cups heavy cream DO NO USE HALF AND HALF
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
1. Prepare the linguine until almost al dente'. Drain and set aside.
2. Combine butter, olive oil, wine, garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce and heavy cream in a large saucepan.
3. Add the shrimp, stir and linguine. Stirring gently, cook over medium high heat for almost 10 minutes, or until the shrimp are done and the linguine is perfectly done. Don't cook a full 10 minutes if it doesn't need it.
4. Add parsley and serve at once. It will initially seem a little runny, but will set up and become a wonderful sauce. DO NOT USE HALF AND HALF.